The short month of February caught me by surprise hence the late timing of this post. After a panic when I realised that only one book in my January reads had been written by a woman, I redressed the balance in February. Eight out of the ten books I read were by female authors.
Like last month, I have a tie for my book of the month. In February it is between Belinda Bauer’s Rubbernecker and Liza Marklund’s Last Will. The books are poles apart – Bauer’s a standalone set in South Wales while Marklund’s is the latest in the series featuring reporter Annika Bengtzon. What unites them is excellent storytelling, which is the main reason we love crime novels isn’t it?
The nine books I read for crimepieces were:
1. Rock Creek Park by Simon Conway
2. Dead Scared by S J Bolton
3. Dead Man’s Land by Robert Ryan
4. Dying Fall by Elly Griffiths
5. Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer
6. The Golden Box by Frances Crane
7. Thirteen White Tulips by Frances Crane
8. Last Will by Liza Marklund
9. The Senior Moment by Eva Hudson
Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise is putting together a list of reviewers’ favourite books for February.